What Is A Detox Diet Plan?
A Detox Diet is meant to eliminate bad toxins and “poisons” from your body.
When these bad toxins start accumulating, your body starts failing, and could even lead to more concerning diseases, like irritable bowel syndrome.
A good detox diet plan will advise you to consume organic and pure foods in your every day meals. These will help your lymph, liver and kidneys functioning.
Any meal that goes against the principle of organic foods should be avoided during the detox period.
Despite everything you might have read or heard, detox diets are a bit controversial and may be a bit risky for some people. Please take the time reading our guides and advices before undertaking any diet.
Detoxifying Your Body
Most Detox Diets Will Include:
- Organic food and drink (no pesticides or fungicides).
- Whole unprocessed foods (grains, nuts, seeds, etc).
- High mix of vegetables and fruit.
- 2 liters of water per day
- Certain herbs such as Psyllium seed, Licorice root, Yucca root, Milk thistle seed, Gentian root, to aid the detoxifying process.
Most Detox Diets Will Avoid:
- Alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, and drugs
- Processed and refined foods
- Certain supplements (due to the amount of additives).